Kids On Lifts
PARENTS & KIDS It’s YOUR Responsibility to know how to use and ride the lift safely.
1. Need assistance? Ask the lift attendant for help. Smallest kids should load closest to the attendant.
2. Remove & carry packs. Do not use phones, music or games while loading or unloading.
3. It is OK to miss a chair and wait for the next one.
4. When loading, watch for the approaching chair and then sit to the back once seated!
5. DO NOT adjust your equipment while riding the lift.
6. Drop something? Let it FALL. Any item dropped can be picked up later.
7. Absolutely NO HORSEPLAY on the lifts.
GET ON – As a chair passes you at the “Wait Here” marker, move ahead quickly to the “Load Here” marker and line up evenly. When the next chair comes behind you, sit on the seat, and slide back as far as you can – to keep from falling off the chair.
SIT BACK, SIT STILL, HOLD ON – Sit way back to keep from falling from the chair and enjoy the ride to the top. No horsing around. it’s dangerous when you are riding up in the air.
AT THE TOP, PLAN AHEAD TO UNLOAD – At the “Unload Here” sign, it is time to get off. Stand up, and ski down the ramp. Watch for others ahead and ski around them. Move out of the way quickly, so others can unload too.
More Information at http://www.kidsonlifts.org/