Welcome to Mt. Baker
By using Mt. Baker Ski Area & facilities, YOU ARE ACCEPTING YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO:
• BE AWARE OF YOUR ENVIRONMENT and location.
• EDUCATE YOURSELF regarding the mountain environment, including but not limited to the risks, hazards, and dangers of the mountain environment and mountain activities.
• EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT, AND ADHERE TO, Mt. Baker Ski Area, Inc. policies and guidelines, Mountain Policies, Your Responsibility Code, and all applicable laws, regulations, and codes; information available at www.mtbaker.us, on the trail map, and/or at the ski area.
• Use GOOD JUDGMENT, BE SAFETY CONSCIOUS, and USE COMMON SENSE at all times. YOU ARE THE SOLE JUDGE OF YOUR ABILITIES.
• ACTIVELY ASSESS & MINIMIZE RISKS and hazards at all times.
• BE AWARE OF YOUR ACTIONS and how they affect yourself and others.
• ACT RESPONSIBLY for your own safety and for the safety of others.
• ADHERE TO PROPER LIFT AND TOW USE AND RIDING BEHAVIOR and practices.
Winter sports involve risk of serious injury or death. Your knowledge, decisions and actions contribute to your safety and that of others.
Need Help? Contact Mt. Baker Ski Patrol
IF LOST, DROP A PIN and text it to Mt. Baker Patrol to assist with locating.*
Using Cell Phones At Mt. Baker
Plan Ahead For Best Use
• *BE AWARE: There is NO CELL SERVICE IN SOME AREAS in and around the ski area. TERRAIN, RANGE, BATTERY and/or TIME OF DAY might not allow communication via cell phone.
• Terrain affects CELL RANGE AND RECEPTION.
• Cold affects BATTERY LIFE.
• IF LOST, DROP A PIN and text it to Mt. Baker Patrol to assist with locating. Practice pin drop before you go out.
• Patrol phone monitored approx. 7:30am - 4pm. Subject to change.
THINK – Because your safety in this rugged, ever-changing, and at times severe mountain environment is not guaranteed.
All Mountain Policies And Guidelines Subject To Change.