Tree Well & Deep Snow Safety
Treewell & Deep Snow Safety
• Always ski or ride with a partner, and STAY IN VISUAL CONTACT
• Avoid skiing or snowboarding near trees.
• Assume all trees have hazardous tree wells.
• Skiing and riding on groomed runs is recommended to help avoid tree wells & deep snow hazards.
• See "Tree Well & Deep Snow Safety" brochure for details or www.deepsnowsafety.org
If you witness or suspect someone is having a tree well or deep snow emergency help initiate rescue and contact patrol immediately at a patrol station, the bottom of the nearest lift, or by phone at 360-300-7070
Fortunately, the risk of falling into a tree well or deep snow hazard is completely avoidable.