Our Personal Information Privacy Policies and Practices
Yup, it’s the world we live in these days that, in the course of normal business, sometimes we need you to voluntarily provide a limited amount of personal information and/or credit card or billing info in order for us to be able to complete the transaction(s) you request and/or provide you our products or services.
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of those who may provide us with such information and outlined below are some of our policies and practices regarding the privacy and protection of personal info within the course of our business. Additional privacy policies may exist regarding personal health information and other non-sales related personal information collection.
What Information Is Voluntarily Collected?
On occasion we may collect the following information for reasons outlined below in the “Why Is This Information Collected?”:
– personal information such as first name, last name, birth date, email addresses, addresses, etc.
– credit card and/or billing information
Any information provided is voluntary. Any information for minors is voluntarily provided and with permission from participant and/or the parent/legal guardian.
Why Is This Information Collected?
We collect and use this information only as it is directly related to the following:
– sale of a products or services,
– participation in activities, and services provided by Mt. Baker,
– participant support
– customer service
We use personal information for the following purposes:
– to provide the products or services being purchased,
– to contact participants with any pertinent information regarding the status or use of the product or services purchased and/or the use of Mt. Baker facilities and/or services,
– to notify program participants of program updates,
– to provide general customer service correspondence,
– for general marketing or promotional purposes, such as annual season pass postcard mailings and instruction program enrollment date reminders,
– to provide necessary information to emergency medical services, as needed,
– as required for credit card processing,
– to contact designated emergency contacts,
– as related to enforcement or notification of Mt. Baker Ski Area Policies and Guidelines or business practices,
and as required by law.
*Users may opt-out of certain communications by emailing email@example.com with the opt-out request.
How and With Whom Do We Share This Information?
We do not sell your information to third parties. Under limited circumstances, we may disclose personal information to third parties, such as providing:
– credit card and billing information to credit card processors only as required to complete a credit card transaction,
– personal information to law enforcement officials due to safety concerns or considerations,
– personal information to third party program coordinators or organizations, such as Komo Kulshan Ski Club or Winter Ride Program Administrators only as it directly relates to the enrolled participants,
– and name and birth date of current season’s season pass holders to Mt. Hood Meadow’s only as it relates to validation for the Season Pass Exchange Program,
– medical information – only as permissible by law and as per HIPAA
How Do We Protect This Information?
We take reasonable steps to safeguard the integrity of our data and prevent unauthorized access to information we collect or maintain. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of information in our possession.
These measures include, but are not limited to:
– staff training and access restriction procedures
– employee confidentiality policies
– password protection
– data encryption
– credit card numbers are not linked to guests or accounts
– credit card numbers are not kept on file for future use
What About Links to Other Websites?
This website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third-party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of any other website that may collect personally identifiable information.
We May Update These Policies From Time-to-Time
These privacy policies and practices may be changed from time-to-time. If you have any concerns or considerations regarding these privacy policies and practices, please contact Ashleigh or Amy at 360-734-6771 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.