If you leave the ski area boundary into the backcountry or re-enter the ski area from the backcountry, you must have all of the following or you will lose your ski area privileges:
Avalanche transceiver and demonstrated ability to use it
Knowledge of the terrain and your ability
Knowledge of local avalanche conditions;
• know this winter’s snowpack layers
• know the recent snowfall & type
• know current NWAC forecast
• know today’s weather forecast (snowfall, temperature & visibility)
Probes and Handi-com radios or cell phones are recommended.
You are LEAVING MT. BAKER SKI AREA and entering National Forest Backcountry Wilderness Area.
The backcountry area is NOT CONTROLLED for AVALANCHES or PATROLLED!
BACKCOUNTRY WILDERNESS AREA HAS:
• Avalanches That Will Occur At ANY TIME
• Avalanche Hazards At All Times
• Extreme Cliff Areas
• Other Mountain Hazards
BACKCOUNTRY WILDERNESS AREA IS DANGEROUS AT ALL TIMES.
You or your heirs will be charged for any rescue a minimum of: $500
RESCUE MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE.