Mt. Baker Snow School
Applied Science in the Winter Environment
In cooperation with Mt. Baker Ski Area, North Cascades Institute and Northwest Avalanche Center
|Mt. Baker Snow School combines hands-on science education with snowshoe powered exploration for grades 6 - 12 at the Mt. Baker Ski Area.|
Check back in September for more details and how to register!
About Snow School Sessions
DAY 1 : CLASSROOM SESSION
A Snow School instructor will visit your class at your school and provide an introduction to snow science and help prepare your students for their field session.
DAY 2 : FIELD SESSION
Students visit the Mt. Baker Ski Area and work together in small teams to carry out a field investigation surrounding the current snow and weather conditions.
All Schools Welcome
|AT MT. BAKER SNOW SCHOOL, WE:|
- Introduce students to the winter mountain environment
- Engage students in hands-on, outdoor science learning that connects to classroom curricula
- Encourage active/healthy lifestyles via winter recreation
- Foster a sense of place and connection to community
- Serve students from all backgrounds in our community
|PROGRAMS FOCUS ON:|
- Snow Science
- Winter Ecology & Natural & Cultural History
- Watershed Education: Baker to Bellingham
- Mountain Leadership
- Mountain Safety
- Winter Recreation