23rd Annual Mt. Baker Film Fest
Thursday November 10, 2022 • Mount Baker Theater
Since 1999, the Mt. Baker Film Fest has been the way independent filmmakers share their work with a local crowd of avid winter enthusiasts. We are excited to return to an in-person show for the 2022-23 winter season and look forward to sharing some of the best films to recently have come out of the Baker community, as well as the greater independent ski and snowboard film industry.
TWO SHOWINGS THIS YEAR!
First Show: doors open 5:30 pm, films begin 6:30
Second Show: doors open 8:30 pm, films begin 9:30
• $8 advance, pre-sale starts Oct. 20 (Mount Baker Theatre)
• $10 day-of
• free for 2 & under but must have a ticket
• 2022-23 Mt. Baker Season Passholders are eligible for one (1) FREE ticket while supplies last. Pickup begins at 12:00 pm Nov. 10 at the Mount Baker Theatre kiosk located at the entrance of the Theatre. First-come, first-serve and tickets can sell out. If you want a guaranteed ticket, purchase a ticket in advance through the Theatre.
GAMES & PRIZES
Come when the doors open to enjoy local vendors, games & prizes!
Interested in submitting your film?
Film submissions are being accepted now until [October 1st]. Please see read the submission guidelines and technical specifications below.
Film Submission Guidelines
• Focused on winter based activities or story lines that connect to winter recreation
• Locally shot or feature local personalities pursuing winter based activities around the world
• All original footage that the filmmaker has the expressed right to submit
Film Submission Specifications
• Films (including credits) are no shorter than 2 minutes and no longer than 10 minutes
• Acceptable formats are .MP4, .MOV
• Suggested Codec’s Apple ProRes 422 for .MP4 or Avid DNxHD for .MOV
• 1920 x 1080 resolution 1080p/1080i
• Ratio 16:9 (no vertical formats)
• Best Audio 24-bit PCM .wav file at 48kHz 24fps
Email [email protected] for more information.
Please note: Not all films submitted will be shown at the event.
2021 People's Choice Award Winner: Island Day by Picture
Thanks to all the filmmaker's who submitted their work and to all the viewers who tuned in to watch the virtual show. We look forward to returning in person for the next Mt. Baker Film Fest in 2022. The votes are in and Island Day has claimed this season's People's Choice Award. This short film by Matt Roebke and Dave Kercheval explores some of the outdoor recreational outlets we enjoy here in the PNW. From surfing reef breaks by sailboat out in the San Juan Islands to skiing powder-filled faces up in the Cascade Mountains, Dave and fellow skier Brooklyn Bell take full advantage of what this area has to offer. The full film shown during this year's virtual show is still on tour as part of the Picture Family Film Fest!