EXTREME DANGER ZONE
When you access this area, you are entering an EXTREME DANGER ZONE which possesses additional risks to those already inherent to skiing and snowboarding.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO ENTER THIS AREA, IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK and you need to treat this zone with heightened awareness of the mountain environment.
THIS REQUIRES ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS associated with this type of terrain, deep snow, and tree well accident prevention and includes but is not limited to the following:
1. An understanding that UNPREDICTABLE NATURAL HAZARDS EXIST IN THIS AREA,
• Cliffs and drop-offs
• Deep snow pockets & pillows
• Tree Wells
• Potential snow slides
• Limited visibility
• Other unmarked significant natural hazards
• Variable snow conditions and other hazards associated with ungroomed areas and extreme terrain.
2. Riding with A PARTNER who remains in visual contact at all times.
3. Knowledge of YOUR ROUTE.
4. Knowledge of current SNOW CONDITIONS.
5. Carrying a TRANSCEIVER.
6. Carrying a SHOVEL.
RESCUE MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE.
There is a $500 rescue fee for any rescue in Cliff, Closed, Extreme Danger Zone, Gunners Zone, Canyon Zone or Backcountry areas. Additional fees may apply.