DO NOT ACCESS AT ANY TIME WHEN CLOSED. The CANYON ZONE possesses additional risks to those already inherent to skiing and snowboarding.
The perimeter of the in-ski-area sections of The Canyon and Gunners Bowl are marked with a rope line, signs and/or access gates. The eastern boundary between the backcountry and Gunners Bowl and The Canyon is not marked but exists.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO ENTER THIS AREA, IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK and you need to treat this zone with heightened awareness of the mountain environment.
IN THIS AREA IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU TAKE ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS associated with this type of terrain, deep snow, and tree well accident prevention and includes but is not limited to the following:
1. An understanding that UNPREDICTABLE NATURAL HAZARDS EXIST IN THESE AREAS, that may cause trauma, serious injury, or death. These include but are not limited to:
• Avalanches and sliding or falling snow
• Sliding or falling ice, rocks or other debris
• Hidden and/or visible cracks, schrunds, holes and creeks
• Cliffs, drop-offs and extreme terrain
• Deep snow and tree well suffocation hazards
• Snow pockets & unstable snow pillows
• Limited visibility
• Additional unmarked natural and human-related hazards may exist, including those unknown at this time
• Variable snow conditions and other hazards associated with ungroomed areas and extreme terrain
2. Riding with A PARTNER who remains in visual contact at all times.
3. Knowledge of YOUR ROUTE.
4. Knowledge of current SNOW CONDITIONS.
5. A TRANSCEIVER.
6. A SHOVEL.
RESCUE MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE and rescue fees may apply.