Come enjoy a beautiful trail run or walk in one of the most scenic places in North America!
The course will start and finish in front of the Heather Meadows Day Lodge and will wind through the blueberry-lined trails of Mt. Baker Ski Area. Choose either the 5k run or the 2k run/walk, and enjoy views of Mount Shuksan, Pan Dome, Mount Herman and the beautiful Canadian Peaks. We will have a delicious salmon BBQ lunch afterwards (see below for how to pre-purchase BBQ tickets) as well as an assortment of delicious food and drinks made with local blueberries (available in our Cafe) and live blues-inspired music throughout the day as part of our inaugural Bluesberry Festival.
Come up just for the run, or spend the day in the mountains enjoying music, food, or a drive up to Artist Point and a stop-off at the USFS Interpretive Center to learn more about this spectacular area.
SATURDAY AUGUST 25
- $25 entry fee - includes race t-shirt (register by Aug. 13 to guarantee chosen shirt size)
- capped at 200 for each distance - first-come, first-serve
- no day-of registration
- tickets for the Salmon BBQ will be available for purchase at online registration ($10/ticket)
5k or 2k
Youth Girls - ages 14 & under
Youth Boys - ages 14 & under
Open Women - ages 15 - 44
Open Men - ages 15 - 44
Masters Women - ages 45 & up
Masters Men - ages 45 & up
9:00 - 9:50 - Racer check-in (sign legal release, pick up bib & t-shirt)
10:30 - 5k Start
10:40 - 2k Start
11:30 on - Salmon BBQ
12:00 - Awards
Medals awarded to 1-2-3 place in each division
- Start & Finish will be located in the area directly below the Heather Meadows Day Lodge and Mountain Shop. (easily accessible by spectators from the main road)
- Elevation of Start and Finish is approx. 3,500 feet
- Course will wind through the trails of the Mt. Baker Ski Area Heather Meadows area.
- Please note: the snow has not completely melted from all of the trails at this time; a course map will be available once the snow has melted.
- Please keep to the main trails and stay off the vegetation!
- Parking: there is plenty of parking, but please follow parking attendant directions to make sure you park in a non-fee area. Some parking areas are in the USFS area and require a Recreation Pass or $5 fee per vehicle.
- Restrooms & Shelter: the Heather Meadows Day Lodge will be open from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, with full restrooms available
- Food: fruit and light snacks will be available for racers after the race. Salmon BBQ lunch available for $10. Cafe open from 9:30 - 5:00 on race day (normal hours are 11:00-5:00 - click here for info on the Cafe and menu)
- Music: live music playing in the lodge throughout the day.
- The Heather Meadows base area of Mt. Baker Ski Area is located at approx. mile marker 55 of the Mount Baker Hwy (State Route 542). CLICK HERE to link to our Driving Directions page